Are you planning to put in a fence, plant a tree, build a deck or start any other excavation project? If so, remember to call 811 two days before you dig, and we’ll mark the location of your lines for free.
Why You Should Call 811
• Gas distribution lines run under streets, sidewalks and private property to bring gas to homes and businesses. These lines may be just a few inches deep due to erosion, prior landscaping or other activities.
• There is no way to know where a line is buried unless it is marked by a professional line spotter.
• Hitting a line can cause serious injury to yourself and others, disrupt service to an entire neighborhood and result in costly damages for which you may be liable.
• Most importantly, it’s the law!
What Happens When You Call 811
• When you call 811 at least two days before digging, utilities will come out free of charge to mark the location of underground electric, telephone, cable, water, sewer and gas lines.
• Wyoming Gas Company marks its gas lines in yellow. A marking indicates the presence of a line but not its pressure or how deep it is buried.
• The markings are meant to guide your digging so that you avoid hitting underground lines.
Contact 811 By Phone or Online
There are two ways to request a line spot:
• Call 811. Wyoming One Call operators take routine line location requests from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. If you have an emergency request, call (866) 344-6662.
• Make a request online. You may also request a line spot 24 hours a day by using Wyoming One Call's web portal to fill out an online request form. Your request will be processed the following business day.
What to Do if You Hit a Line While Digging
• If you cause even minor damage to a natural gas line, immediately contact Wyoming Gas Company at 1-800-799-6427 or your local office. A scrape in the line’s coating or a dent may cause a rupture or leak in the future. DO NOT attempt any repairs yourself.
• If damage to a gas line results in gas escaping from the line, immediately leave the area, call 911 and then call Wyoming Gas Company at 1800-799-6427 or your local office 24 hours a day.
Visit Wyoming One Call’s website for more information on the services it provides.